• The Canoe Club year runs from April 1 to March 31st. Annual membership is $40, plus one-time charge of $7 for a name tag.
• Canoe outings are held every Tuesday, weather permitting, in season. Meet at the canoe shed at 8:00 a.m. to leave PROMPTLY at 8:30 a.m. Upon arrival each member goes to the canoe shed, registers and pays the trip fee. Car pooling is strongly encouraged. Please remember to share the cost of gas with the driver.
• OSSCC members may bring a guest to a canoe outing. The member will be responsible for his/her guest. All guests must always sign the “WAIVER FOR NON-MEMBERS. If the guest is a child, the child must bring the parent or guardian’s written consent and a signed WAIVER FOR NON-MEMBERS.
• All canoeists should carry a waterproof bag containing a complete change of clothing and towel. When in the canoe, MUST WEAR a PFD, carry a waterproof whistle and a waterproof flashlight (none supplied by the Club). Also advised are the following items: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, quick drying clothing (long sleeves), softsoled shoes with good traction, drinking water and lunch. The club encourages those who have a cell phone to bring it on outings.
• It is mandatory for all the canoeing members to participate in skills and safe canoeing training offered by the Club.
• Participants who have known disabilities or medical problems requiring special needs MUST make provisions for these prior to Club outings. The Club carries a First Aid kit on canoe outings.
• On Tuesdays, club members may also hike (throughout the year), cross country ski or snowshoe. For these activities, meet in the lobby at 404 Wing at 9:00 a.m. (in winter at 9:30 a.m.).
WELCOME TO THE OLD SALTS
WE HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY OUR ACTIVITIES
For further information, please contact us at .